Let’s be honest with each other. As I write this, I have not eaten this type of saffron buns yet, and I intend to bake some Swedish saffron buns simultaneously while writing this content, and I hope it is defensible.
Well, let’s start…
Swedish Saffron Buns
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cup flour
- 1 cup hot milk (Of course, we can heat the milk while working)
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 3 eggs (hold one for the surface of the buns)
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ground saffron (how to use saffron)
- Raisins (To decorate on buns)
- To start, dissolve the yeast with lukewarm water, take one tablespoon of sugar from the 1/2 cup of sugar, add it to the dough, and let it process for 10 minutes.
- Mix hot milk and saffron. Give it two to three minutes to color the saffron. Add the butter to the milk to open, then mix the sugar and eggs.
- Mix the prepared dough with other ingredients.
- Mix flour and salt and add to the liquid little by little. Add the flour until it forms a dough, and if you use more flour, the dough will harden.It is better to have a soft dough to make it the desired shape.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes and place it in an oiled bowl and cover it to increase its volume.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough into a tube on the work surface to have a 40 cm strip. Twist the tape simultaneously from both sides, in 2 different directions. Create your lovely shape and have fun.
- Place them in an oil-soaked tray or on parchment paper and put a large raisin on the wrapped parts.
- Cover the doughs with a light cloth and give it another hour.
- After observing the increase in the volume of the dough, mix the eggs and milk and spread them on doughs.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 20 minutes. Baking time in the oven is 12 to 15 minutes.
Images of Swedish Saffron Buns