Let’s be honest with each other. As I write this, I have not eaten this type of saffron buns yet, and I intend to bake some Swedish saffron buns simultaneously while writing this content, and I hope it is defensible.
Well, let’s start…
Swedish Saffron Buns
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cup flour
- 1 cup hot milk (Of course, we can heat the milk while working)
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 3 eggs (hold one for the surface of the buns)
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ground saffron (how to use saffron)
- Raisins (To decorate on buns)
- To start, dissolve the yeast with lukewarm water, take one tablespoon of sugar from the 1/2 cup of sugar, add it to the dough, and let it process for 10 minutes.
- Mix hot milk and saffron. Give it two to three minutes to color the saffron. Add the butter to the milk to open, then mix the sugar and eggs.
- Mix the prepared dough with other ingredients.
- Mix flour and salt and add to the liquid little by little. Add the flour until it forms a dough, and if you use more flour, the dough will harden.It is better to have a soft dough to make it the desired shape.
- Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes and place it in an oiled bowl and cover it to increase its volume.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough into a tube on the work surface to have a 40 cm strip. Twist the tape simultaneously from both sides, in 2 different directions. Create your lovely shape and have fun.
- Place them in an oil-soaked tray or on parchment paper and put a large raisin on the wrapped parts.
- Cover the doughs with a light cloth and give it another hour.
- After observing the increase in the volume of the dough, mix the eggs and milk and spread them on doughs.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 20 minutes. Baking time in the oven is 12 to 15 minutes.
Tip: The point that we shouldn't forget is that butter and eggs must have reached room temperature so as not to cause the milk to cool down much. By the way, if the milk is still very hot, let it cool down a bit, and then add the eggs so that it does not cause the eggs to coagulate.
Images of Swedish Saffron Buns