Simple Saffron Rice Recipe + Serving Ideas
- 1 cups white rice
- 50 grams butter
- saffron (10 to 15 saffron threads)
- black pepper
- First, you should put the pot on a low heat and add the butter to it.50 grams butter
- Then you should add a glass of good rice to the pot and stir the rice and butter until they mix well and the rice gets flavor.1 cups white rice
- Put the saffron in a glass and add some hot water to it and wait for a few minutes until it gets colored, and then add it to the rice bowl and mix the rice well.saffron
- Add another glass of hot water to the pot to cook the rice well. Stir the rice well and then cover the pot to let it brew for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add some black pepper and salt to the rice and stir it well. Of course, you can also add salt and pepper to the rice before cooking.salt, black pepper
- Your saffron rice is ready to serve.
Ideas for Serving Saffron Rice
Pollo Asado with saffron rice
saffron rice with stovetop kabab
kabobs saffron rice
Roasted lemon/ rosemary Cornish game hens with saffron rice and broccoli
Lamb kofta plater with fresh-made pita, saffron rice, hummus, tzatziki, onion and cucumber salad, smoked olives, and a harissa sauce
Seared Tuna; Grilled Shrimp; Steamed Broccoli, Radishes, and Shiitakes; Cucumber Salad; and Saffron Rice
Barberry saffron rice and crunchy tahdig, with turkey drumsticks!
Keralan Cod Loin Coconut Curry with Saffron Rice
Lemon Saffron Rice and Tikka Masala w/Coriander
Images have been collected from social networks.
Traditions Related to Saffron Rice
Saffron rice is usually used in family gatherings in many world countries. If you ask one of these families about saffron and their feeling about it, probably you will face terms such as happiness, smile, family, deliciousness, and respect.
When we want to have a nice time with someone or want to respect someone, we cook saffron foods such as saffron rice. Some of these situations in that people cook saffron rice are as follows:
- New Year celebrations (Norouz ceremony)
- Religious ceremonies
- Family party
And everything else that has to do with happiness and respect. This is the meaning of saffron for people, this perfect sense starts with smelling saffron threads and is continued with eating saffron rice or other saffron foods.
Saffron Rice Health Benefits
I have a question for you! why are we add spices or other additives to our foods?
Most of the time we want to make our food tastier or healthier and fortunately, saffron does both of them in the best probable form and we can trust it. Saffron can reduce some distractive aspects of foods and help our bodies to be safe.
We usually fry our foods and this action can produce lots of free radicals in our foods. Free radicals are the main factor of cancers and the destruction of our organs. Saffron is a naturally powerful antioxidant that can help us against these free radicals, crocin and other powerful anti-oxidants can neutralize these anti-oxidants.
some saffron rice’s benefits are as followed:
- Neutralize toxins and additives left on rice (antioxidative activity)
- Create a very pleasant taste
- Create variety and beauty in foods
- One of the best ways to benefit from saffron properties is through foods
Is Saffron Rice Healthy?
We speak frequently about saffron’s benefits for health and one of the best ways to profit from saffron is by adding it to foods. So if saffron is useful for us, saffron rice can be useful for us too.
Saffron Rice Origin
Iran, India, or anywhere else, it’s not important where is saffron rice origin. Nowadays saffron rice is a public food of the people of the world and this is better to say saffron is an important part of world food culture.
Is Saffron Rice Good for Weight Loss?
In short, yes, according to research conducted in this field saffron is efficient for weight loss. You can read saffron for weight loss for more information. So saffron rice can be good food for your dietary regime but you should know rice has high calories and it’s better to decrease its share in your daily foods.